Are you distressing over your enlarged pores, post-acne scars, fine lines or wrinkles? Then you may consider nano-fractional radiofrequency (nano-RF) to restore the skin’s broken collagen matrix in the problem areas. Nano-RF is a new standard for innovative, non-surgical treatment for facial rejuvenation and restoration that deals with skin laxity, uneven texture, fine lines, wrinkles, and even stretchmarks. Valeriya Life’s Advanced Aesthetic Center now offers this treatment to men and women of all skin complexion types.
What Is Nano-RF Skin Resurfacing?
Our Center uses the Venus Viva system nano-RF technology. This Venus Versa™ treatment works with tiny pins that safely deliver heat through the skin’s surface. This creates tiny dermal wounds, which the body then heals naturally by intensively producing collagen in order to close those wounds. Unlike micro-needling, nano-RF is considered a more sterile technique as no physical penetration takes place. The heat, which is produced by the metal pins, gently “burns” the skin and creates a clean micro wound. This process repairs signs of skin damage seen on the surface of the skin. And because the wounds are very small, the treatment is much more comfortable than lasers or chemical peels.
What Conditions nano-RF Can Treat?
The main indications for nano-RF treatments include:
- Enlarged pores
- Textual irregularities
- Acne scars
- Deep lines and folds
- Necklace lines
- Lax skin
- Post-acne pigmentation
Our Center utilizes the best evidence-based treatment protocols to ensure high quality and best results for each aesthetic problem listed above. Depending on the extent of skin damage, our therapists modify the depth and width of the wounds. For example, for deep facial scars, it is important to have a winder and deeper wound. In contrast, for fine lines around the eyes, we use a more superficial regimen, as the skin around the eyes is much thinner than on other parts of face. Nano-RF has a superior depth penetration, when compared with other devices. During the healing time, the skin may look slightly swollen, reddish, and has lots of small dots where the needling had been done. These dots feel a little grainy to touch.
Is Nano-RF Treatment Painful?
Comfort of our patients during a procedure is our priorities. Before the treatment, we apply a numbing cream for 20-30 minutes. This helps to make the procedure almost painless. Treatment times vary depending on the patient, but a single skin session typically takes 15-30 minutes. This makes it easy to fit into a busy schedule. Most patients receive 3-4 treatments per area done 4-6 weeks apart. Treatment plans also vary by patient.
What Is Nano-RF Downtime?
Nano-RF sessions are safe for all skin tones. Unlike lasers or other treatments where recovery can take up to 10 days, Venus Versa™ skin resurfacing treatments have very low downtime—you can resume your normal skin care and makeup routine 24 hours afterward. This is just one of the many reasons Venus Versa™ is quickly becoming the go-to solution for patients who want results without having to hide their face for two weeks while they recover. With each consecutive procedure the post-procedure downtime gets shorter as the skin capacity to heal gradually increases. At Valeriya Life Center, we recommend using the Stem Cell Therapy Serum (SCT). It has a powerful post-treatment anti-inflammatory effect.
Slight swelling of your treated areas occurs immediately. Significant swelling and redness of the treated areas and untreated parts may occur following your procedure and will be maximal at 24 – 48 hours.
There will be redness and slight heat emanating from the treated area for the first 24 hours, akin to a mild sunburn. It is unusual to experience severe or excessive pain; you should notify us if this occurs. Tiny scabs will usually be formed 24 – 72 hours post-treatment, and may remain for several days. Some mild discomfort may occasionally follow resurfacing treatment.
What Are Results of Nano-RF Treatments?
This skin resurfacing treatment helps patients get smoother, healthier skin by reducing signs of skin damage. The improvements include:
- Decreased visible pores for even skin texture
- Reduced signs of aging for a fresher more youthful look
- Evened out textural irregularities for refines looking skin
- Reduced acne scars for a clearer and healthier complexion
- Diminished deep lines and folds for younger looking skin
- Corrected necklace lines
- Diminished laxity of the skin for more firm face, neck and décolleté
What Is Post-Nano-RF Procedure Care?
Post-Procedural Care for fractional RF: DAY 1-7The healing time for any given treatment varies between different clients. The following represents the general recovery phases you might expect.
To minimize swelling, keep your head elevated. It is not uncommon for clients to experience under-eye swelling for the first 1 to 2 days, but this swelling will subside.
The scabs should not be touched or scratched even if they itch, and should be allowed to shed off naturally.
Activities: You may return to regular activities immediately. It is advised that you avoid hot baths, saunas, Jacuzzis, and pools for the first two days following treatment, as the bacteria common to these sites can affect the skin post-resurfacing and cause an infection. Some minor heat emanating from the treated area is normal, but please do not apply ice or cooling compresses, as that heat is the body’s natural healing response.
Make-Up: After 24 hours, most resurfacing clients are ready for makeup to hide the pinkness of the skin. If applied, it is important that you remove all makeup from the skin at night. Do not sleep with make up on the treated area.
- Avoiding the Sun: Avoiding direct sun should become a permanent component of your
- long-term skin care program. Always use an SPF 30 or greater beginning 24 – 48 hours after the skin has fully healed. Sun exposure, tanning beds, and artificial sunless tanning lotions are not allowed in the treated areas during the course of the treatment and healing.
- Long-Term Skin Care: In addition to avoiding direct sun exposure, we suggest all clients use long term skin care that will optimize the youthful, rejuvenated appearance you have achieved.
- We offer clients a program for long-term facial skin maintenance This program offers skin maintaining and rejuvenating creams that are only available and administered by our medical team. The physician on our medical advisory team recommends the use of the Venus SkinTM Post Treatment Recovery Kit and Venus SkinTM Stem Cell Therapy Serum and Accelerator for at-home care treatment post 24 – 72 hours. Note that these assisting agents should always be used according to their accompanying instructions.